Employment visas are granted to those who intend to work or are working in Afghanistan. Employment visas usually are initially issued for a single entry and are valid for a period of 3 months. The duration of stay of which is 90 days. the foreign worker can apply for a work permit during 90 days of his/her stay in Afghanistan. Subsequently, s/he can submit an application for either a 6-month or 1-year multiple entry visas. For a 6-month multiple entry visa, the duration of stay is 6-months and for a 1-year multiple entry visa, the duration of stay is one year.
Procedure and Required Documents:
- The applicant needs to provide the following documents to the Visa Section of the Afghan Central Business Registry (ACBR) of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce:
- Visa application form
- Copy of the employment contract
- Copy of the passport of the applicant
- CV of the applicant
- Copy of all educational documents
- Two passport size photos of the applicant
- A letter of introduction from the company (in some cases introduction letter from sector ministry) stating purpose, reason, and duration of stay of the employee
- ACBR’s Visa Section, after checking the submitted documents, will issue the applicant a bank slip to pay the visa fee.
- The Visa Section will issue a letter to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, requesting the issuance of a single entry visa reference number/MoFA number for the applicant.
- MoFA will send the MoFA number to the Afghan Embassy/consulate where the visa is to be obtained via fax.
- The applicant will receive the MoFA/Fax number and check with the Afghan Embassy/Consulate on whether they received the MoFA number or not. Once the Afghan Embassy/Consulate confirms the receipt of the MoFA number, then the applicant needs to submit the following documents to the Afghan Embassy/Consulate:
- A visa application form (available at MoFA’s website);
- Two passport size photos;
- Original passport with validity of at least 6 months; and
- Visa processing fee.
- Finally, the applicant will be issued a single entry visa with 3 months' validity. In some cases, the applicant will be called for a short interview prior to the issuance of the visa.